I usually tell people to just get the kids something when they ask me what I want for Christmas. I am a grown ass woman, I can buy whatever I want. And I do.
But I appreciate the gesture greatly. It is uncomfortable telling people what to buy me.
I am not going to list what not to get a mom because I don’t want to sound like I (or the people I donate those gifts to) don’t appreciate the thought.
So people tell me I am hard to shop for…Ya’ll are wrong…I like many things, to name a few:
- A robot vacuum. I am sick of cleaning every single day. I live amongst barbarians who throw food on the floor and make a mess, so having a robot maid to pick up some of the slack would be pretty awesome. The Shark Ion 720 robotic vacuum offers a competitive price at around $299, four star review, and will enhance time spent playing with my kids, vs. cleaning up after those little slobs.
2. While we are talking about cleaning, and those little slobs that I live with, that I love dearly– a portable carpet cleaner can save time when I need to get grape juice, milk, and more disgusting stains, out of our carpets. The Bissell Little Green ProHeat Portable Upholstery Cleaner has a four star rating from consumers, and averages around $79.99 online and in-stores with a coupon and on promotion. It works on carpets, stairs, sofas, and chairs, and would play an excellent defense against mannerless humans. Available online, at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc..
3. A tea and fruit infuser pitcher, because lets face it, we’re all dehydrated. There is nothing quite as awesome as shoving some fruit into a jar of water and calling it “juice.” For only, $16.99, this highly acclaimed pitcher can be mine, available on Amazon:
4. A Wine Variety Sampler Pack… No explanations needed here. This one will suffice for only $58.46, who knows, maybe it will go on sale!
5. Food Gift Cards. I don’t care where. Restaurants? Shoprite? Wherever, because it seems every time someone here opens their mouth, food is going in it. Wawa? Starbucks? Because coffee is always going in my mouth! I also hate Dunkin Donuts…figured that would be a good time to mention that.
6. I always need these random items: Socks, Scarves, Gloves, Oven Mitts, Dish Towels…